First of all, did you even know that there’s a Veeam Cloud Provider program? A Veeam Cloud Provider is a type of Veeam partner that functions in a service provider model. This can exist in a number of ways for a number of different service models. For example, a hosting provider or telco using Veeam to protect hosted VMs, an Application Service Provider leveraging Veeam to protect customer data, or a Cloud Service Provider offering Veeam-powered backup and disaster recovery services, and more. In fact, there are scores of ways Veeam products can be used to protect applications and data. Here are 5 things you likely didn’t know about the Veeam Cloud Provider program:
1. There are over 4,500 partners worldwide in the program today.
2. Licensing options exist exclusive to service providers. This way there are support options and both perpetual and rental licenses to accommodate capex or opex constraints.
3. Many Veeam Cloud Provider partners are also VMware VSPP and Microsoft SPLA partners. So if you use VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V, there is a Veeam Cloud Provider for you!
4. If you are an end-user, you can find a Veeam Cloud Provider easily! Just go to the Veeam Cloud Provider directory. Here you can search by country, service and virtualization technologies used. The figure below is a snippet from the directory:
5. Veeam Cloud Providers make it easy for you to get acquainted with their offerings. One example is Steadfast, who is having an Open House presented with Veeam. If you are in Chicago, you can attend in person for free
I talk to a lot of different people about Veeam and their needs for the bigger picture. It’s important to note that not every cloud solution is right for every company. That’s an important business decision element that Veeam Cloud Providers offer as there is a business relationship that goes along with the service you engage with.
Strategically, Cloud technologies and specifically associated services are a critical growth opportunity for Veeam and we feel this program is well positioned to meet needs that people have all over the world. Do you now know more about the Veeam Cloud Provider program? Are there services that make sense for your needs? Are you interested in becoming a Veeam Cloud Provider partner? Share your comments below.