This week, we’re looking at “The Hype of Copy Data Management” (CDM), which some vendors call Active CDM, Enterprise CDM, pick-your-fancy-adjective CDM, or similar permutations of secondary storage, data virtualization, or “Use your data smarter” (Veeam does it too). If you put aside the jargon and IT marketing-speak, it is really a classic case of “Lifestyle vs Budget.”
Simply put, do more with your data than leave it in a box (disk, tape, cloud) while you wait for bad things to happen. As this is the last installment in this series, we did end it with a feature advertisement (note: DataLabs is a feature built-in, not some extra functionality that is exorbitantly sold later).
I hope that this series was helpful.
If any of these topics are interesting to you, please track me down at VeeamON in Miami next week to talk more. Until then, thanks for watching.
Navigate the series:
- When you modernize production, you must modernize protection
- The race to zero downtime and data loss
- Ya gotta know what ya got
- The head and the heart have to agree
- The industry is adding, not "just" changing
- The hype of copy data management and secondary storage