As a service provider that delivers managed backup services, many of the customers you serve are rapidly adopting hyper-scale public cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud as part of a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy — and relying on you to help them protect this data along the way. In fact, over 50% of respondents surveyed said their organization is considering a hybrid-cloud strategy by 2024. Although competing against these large public cloud providers to deliver Infrastructure and Platform as a Service solutions may not be advantageous, managing and protecting this data is still a critical need and a profitable opportunity.
Hybrid and multi-cloud environments create a few common challenges for managed service providers (MSPs) that are designing Backup as a Service (BaaS) strategies that protect all workloads, no matter where they reside. Some examples of these challenges include:
- Managing data sprawl – as the production of data rapidly increases, service providers are responsible for ensuring they are backing it all up, possibly on multiple platforms, including hyperscale platforms as well as the legacy data center.
- Multiple backup vendors – you may find that your customers have already purchased and deployed a cloud-native backup solution through the vendor marketplace and now are handing the headache of managing multiple vendors to you.
- Decentralized management tools – remote monitoring, management and billing are essential to run an efficient MSP practice. Without the proper purpose-built integrations, self-service capabilities and a centralized way of managing hybrid-cloud environments, your technicians are left having to learn and utilize multiple tools and management platforms, leading to wasted time and eating into productivity.
Simplify multi and hybrid-cloud data protection for you and your customer
As your customers’ IT environments continue to modernize and to ensure your technical and operations teams are being as efficient as possible, it’s important to consolidate data protection and management of on-premises and cloud workloads into a single platform. Some benefits of utilizing a single platform for all of your customers on-premises and hybrid-cloud data protection needs include:
- Centralized management – managing multiple backup solutions can become burdensome if you or your technicians have to learn and access a bunch of different consoles and interfaces. A single platform to protect all your customers data, plus centralized user interfaces, APIs and integrations into the tools you are already using really streamlines business operations and promotes the ability to scale without complexity.
- Easy licensing – nobody likes licensing to begin with and having to manage licensing from multiple vendors doesn’t make it any better. Only having to manage licensing from one vendor saves time and reduces licensing headaches.
- Discounted pricing – managing multiple vendors pretty much guarantees higher costs, as you will be forced to buy separate licensing for each customer situation. Typically, vendors offer volume discounts as you increase your customer base and license consumption, driving down costs and increasing your margins.
Veeam: a single platform for hybrid and multi-cloud
Building a comprehensive backup solution for all of your customers hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios with Veeam is easy. Veeam Backup & Replication sets the foundation of your BaaS offering to protect virtual and physical workloads and also includes integrations with Veeam cloud‑native appliances built for AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud for your customers’ public cloud workloads.
Offering Veeam-powered BaaS for multiple workloads ensures cohesiveness of management and simplifies data protection, licensing and overall management no matter what scenario your customers bring to you. Whether it’s a cloud-first scenario and your customer is running all their workloads in AWS, or complementing an on-premises footprint with a hybrid Microsoft Azure deployment for further scalability, it’s important to partner with an industry-leading backup vendor like Veeam to deliver purpose-built data protection for every scenario.
Leveraging Veeam tools designed and built for Service Providers
It’s essential that service providers have tools and integrations that are purpose-built to successfully implement, remotely operate and scale a managed backup business for all types of customer workloads including, virtual, physical, SaaS and public cloud. Remote monitoring and management, billing, customer self-service capabilities and invoicing are all key capabilities that MSPs and cloud hosting providers need to be successful.
Veeam Service Provider Console is a FREE web-based remote management tool that is custom built for Veeam Cloud and managed service providers. It easily integrates into your existing platforms and workflows to consolidate customer onboarding, licensing, and billing, as well as including white-labeling capabilities and powerful REST APIs. Plus, it has integrated customer self-service capabilities to boost productivity and accelerate revenue with a simplified user interface and the flexibility to centrally manage and monitor all of your customers’ Veeam-powered workloads, including Veeam Backup for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
With Veeam, you’ll not only leverage the #1 Modern Data Protection solution to protect your customers data for any infrastructure — cloud, virtual, physical, SaaS and Kubernetes — but you’ll gain a true partner dedicated to helping you build reliable, revenue-generating Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offerings.
To get started streamlining your BaaS offering, become a Veeam Cloud & Service Provider partner. It’s free to join, no obligation to buy and you’ll unlock exclusive products, pricing and partner perks designed for your services business.
Interested in offering BaaS but not looking to build out and maintain your own solution? As a reseller or MSP, you can simply partner with a Veeam Competency Partner that can provide you an a pre-built, out-of-the-box solution for most environments you need to protect.