Veeam has created a series of videos where Jason Buffington, VP of Solutions Strategy, and Dave Russell, VP of Enterprise Strategy, discuss key findings from Veeam’s Cloud Protection Trends in 2021 report, where 1,550 data center professionals were surveyed regarding their cloud data protection activities.
In this first blog post, we focus on the personas involved in protecting cloud workloads.
Who is backing up the cloud?
There are backup administrators of course, but also infrastructure (IaaS) administrators, and other data center stakeholders as well. In the first video we cover:
- Who in the data center defines the strategy for protection and which team performs the protection activities?
- How long cloud data is retained, and how that data is protected, as broken out by role (IaaS and Backup administrator).
Microsoft Office 365 backup personas and strategies
In the second video we cover:
- Who defines the Office 365 strategy and who is responsible for performing the backups?
- What are the primary reasons for protecting Office 365 data?
- How does your organization back up Office 365 data?
Continue exploring in the second part of the series.
About the report: In August 2021, Veeam published the research findings from an independent analyst survey of 1,550 unbiased IT decision makers involved in cloud-powered production IT, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and/or Containers.
You can contact us at: StrategicResearch@veeam.com