When opening a case via the Customer Support Portal, you are prompted to enter a Support ID.
A Support ID number (sometimes referred to as a Contract Number) is a string of 8 numerical characters with typically one or two leading zeros (e.g., 01234567) and can be most easily located in one of three ways.
1. Viewing the License Information through the User Interface of a Veeam application.
If you have already installed a production license to your Veeam application, you may find the Support ID in the License Information window of that application.
Please see the “More Information” section below for guides to accessing the License Information window in various Veeam applications.
2. Veeam Customer Portal
In the Production Licenses section of the Veeam Customer portal, you can view the Support IDs of all licenses associated with your Company Account, as well as any additional licenses for which your login is the License Administrator.
3. A Veeam production .lic license file
If you have received a Veeam .lic license file, you may open that license file using a text editor (such as Notepad) to view the contents. Please use caution as altering the contents of the license file will render the license unusable; only the filename may be changed. The Support ID is typically located after “Support ID=” and usually near to the bottom.
Below are links to individual user guides describing how to locate the License Information window for the most recent releases of various Veeam products at the time of this KBs publication or update.
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5
(User Guide for VMware vSphere - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/install_license.html?ver=95 )
- From the main menu, select License.
(Deployment Guide - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/deployment/install_license.html?ver=95 )
- Launch Veeam ONE Monitor.
- On the toolbar, click Help and select License Information.
(User Guide - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforwindows/userguide/settings_mode.html?ver=21 )
- Double-click the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows icon in the system tray or right-click the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows icon in the system tray and select Control Panel.
- At the top of the window, click the About tab.
- In the Version section, click Manage license and edition.
(User Guide - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforlinux/userguide/license_manage_cmd_view.html?ver=20 )
- You can view information about the installed license. Use the following command:
|veeamconfig license show|
(User Guide - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/em/viewing_changing_current_license.html?ver=95 )
- Log on to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager using an account with the Portal Administrator role.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Open the Licensing section on the left of the Configuration view.
Veeam Availability Console 2.0 Update 1
(Administrator Guide for Service Providers - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/provider_admin/install_license.html?ver=20u1 )
- Log in to Veeam Availability Console as a Portal Administrator.
- For details, see Accessing Veeam Availability Console.
- At the top right corner of the Veeam Availability Console window, click Configuration.
- In the menu on the left, click Licensing.
- On the License Usage tab, click the license status link.
- First access the Veeam UI via Web Browser or Veeam MP Licensing View
- Open the Dashboard tab and click the License link located in the Current Status section.
(User Guide - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/vbo_lic_management.html?ver=20 )
- Go to the main menu > License.
Please be aware that starting from September 2018 downloading updates will require an active contract for the corresponding product.