Columbus, Ohio, Feb. 3, 2011 – Veeam Software, innovative provider of VMware data protection, disaster recovery and VMware management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, experienced outstanding growth in every area of its business in 2010. Total bookings revenue grew 155 percent in 2010 compared to 2009, while new license bookings revenue increased 133 percent. In addition, the company reported that its flagship product, Veeam Backup & Replication, now protects more than 60,000 VMware hosts worldwide and 1 million virtual machines, making it the leading data protection and disaster recovery solution for VMware. “Our market presence grew dramatically in 2010, and we anticipate the same in 2011,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “There are two major reasons for this tremendous growth. First, we continue to build a strong employee base of very dedicated, hard-working individuals who create, market and sell innovative solutions for VMware that meet and exceed market demand and expectations. Second, we work with extremely savvy channel partners who anticipate market needs and fulfill those needs with our products. For example, they recommend Veeam Backup & Replication v5 with vPower for their clients’ VMware environments because it establishes a new standard in data protection and disaster recovery, enabling IT to meet recovery time and recovery point objectives without the high cost and risk of traditional backup tools. “Our partners also know that enterprises want to leverage their investments in Microsoft System Center or HP Operations Manager,” Timashev continued, “so they recommend the Veeam nworks Management Pack and the Veeam nworks Smart Plug-In to enable efficient management of physical and virtual environments from one console.” Highlights of Veeam’s progress in 2010 include:
- Partners – Veeam has more than 3,000 ProPartners worldwide and is committed to continued growth and support for its channel network of resellers, distributors and cloud service providers.
- Products – In addition to several new product updates, the company released Veeam ONE in August, which provides a single, comprehensive solution for VMware monitoring, capacity planning, change management and reporting. It is the only solution on the market that accommodates each customer’s particular environment by providing framework-independent monitoring for VMware, as well as VMware monitoring in Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. In October, the company released Veeam Backup & Replication v5, giving enterprises the most compelling reason yet to virtualize critical enterprise applications.
- Customers – Veeam’s customer base doubled from 8,000 in 2009 to more than 16,000 in 2010.
- New offices – Veeam opened new offices in Australia, Canada, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden.
- Awards – In addition to being selected as a finalist for the Microsoft Partner Awards in the Core Infrastructure Solutions, Systems Management category, Veeam was honored to sweep industry awards in its relevant categories during the year:
- Two Gold “Product of the Year 2010” awards from SearchServerVirtualization.com: Veeam Backup & Replication v5 won the Gold award in the Backup and Storage for Virtualization category for the second year in a row, and Veeam ONE won Gold in the Virtualization Management category.
- Two “Reader’s Choice” awards from Virtualization Review: Veeam Backup & Replication v5 was selected as the winner in the Virtual Business Continuity category, and Veeam ONE won the Merit Award in the Virtual Management & Optimization category.
- VMworld 2010: Veeam was the first company to win four “Best of VMworld” awards at a single VMworld event. Veeam Backup & Replication v5 won Best of Show and was the Gold award winner for New Technology with vPower, the breakthrough technology behind v5. For the second consecutive year, Veeam Backup & Replication was a finalist in the Business Continuity and Data Protection category, and Veeam ONE was a finalist in the Virtualization Management category.