An SQL Database can be excluded from Veeam Application-Aware image processing
The solution below will instruct you on how to enable and use the DBExclusion menu that is built-in to Veeam Backup & Replication v7 or later.
- Connect to the server where Veeam Backup & Replication is installed
- Close any open Veeam Backup & Replication console windows.
- Open Regedit.exe
- Navigate to the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\
- Add a new DWORD ‘EnableDBExclusions’
- Set the Value to 1
- Close the Registry Editor and open Veeam Backup & Replication
- Open “Database Exclusions” from the Main Menu
- In the window that pops up, click Add.
- Specify the DNS name (case sensitive) or the IP address and the instance name (case sensitive) containing the data that you wish to exclude from VSS Freezing and being Quiesced.
- Specify the Database name (case sensitive) that you wish to exclude from application-aware image processing.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.