A SQL database can be excluded from Veeam Application-Aware Image processing
The solution below will instruct you on how to enable and use the DBExclusion menu that is built-in to Veeam Backup & Replication v7 and higher.
1. Close the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
2. Open Regedit.exe
3. Navigate to the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\
4. Add a new DWORD ‘EnableDBExclusions’
5. Set the Value to 1
8. In the window that pops up, click Add.
6. Close the Registry Editor and open Veeam Backup & Replication
7. Open “Database Exclusions” from the Main Menu
9. Specify the DNS name (case sensitive) or the IP address and the instance name(case sensitive) that you wish to exclude from VSS Freezing and being Quiesced.
10. Specify the Database name (case sensitive) that you wish to exclude from application-aware image processing.
On next job run the specified database will be excluded from the Application-Aware Image Processing freeze task.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.