This issue can generally be resolved by removing the reference to the replica out of Veeam and then mapping the replication job to use the existing partial replica.
Important: If you do not see a replica VM either in Veeam or in VMware, please create a new job.
The steps for doing this are below.
Part 1: Remove the Replica from configuration.
- Navigate to the replica in the “Ready” section under “Replicas”
- Right click the replica and click “Remove from configuration”
Note: Removing the replica from configuration will remove the source VM from the job as well. You will add this back to the job in the next step.
Part 2: Map the replication job to use the existing replica.
- Edit the Replication job.
- On the Name tab, select the option Replica seeding (for low bandwidth DR sites).
- On the Virtual Machines tab, click add and re-add the source VM back to the replication job.
- Continue clicking Next to reach the Seeding tab.
- On the Seeding tab, enable the option to Map replicas to existing VMs.
- In the Replica mapping list, select the original VM, and click “Edit…”, then select the existing replica.
- Continue clicking Next and finally Finish to save the job settings.
After doing this the job will need to calculate the digest, which can take an extended amount of time.