This article describes all security-related fixes and improvements introduced in each release or update of Veeam Backup & Replication.
The goal of this article is to provide our customers' security and compliance teams with the detailed information on security improvements between releases, in order to help them make an informed decision on whether it is critical to upgrade from their current Veeam Backup & Replication version to a latter one.
- A custom security descriptor was provided for the driver's control device (vulnerability reported by Mile Karry).
- Deserialization issues were fixed (vulnerability reported by Harrison Neal).
- A user authorization issue was fixed (vulnerability reported by Harrison Neal).
- Security of the Enterprise Manager Web App configuration was improved.
- Support for weak SSH ciphers was disabled in the recovery media ISOs.
- OpenSSL library was updated to version 1.0.2t
- Putty was updated to version 0.73
- Weak TLS ciphers were disabled in Surebackup Linux appliance.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.