Identify the Current SQL Instance Location
On the Veeam Backup Server, open the Veeam.Backup.DBConfig.exe utility.
While the DB Config utility is usually used to change which database is used, initially, it will show you the currently configured database connection details. After you have gathered the information needed to identify the location of the SQL Instance, the utility can be closed without making any changes.
Ensure that the version being upgraded to is compatible with Veeam Backup & Replication:
Veeam Backup & Replication System Requirements > Backups Server > SQL Database
Before You Begin
It is highly advisable to create a Configuration Backup so that if anything goes wrong, you can restore or roll back the Veeam Backup & Replication configuration.
- Ensure that there are no jobs or restore tasks occurring.
- Manually Create a Configuration Backup
Upgrade SQL Instance Procedure
- Stop and Disable all Jobs
- Stop all Veeam services on the Veeam Backup Server
- Run the SQL installer and upgrade the SQL Instance
- After the upgrade completes, restart the Veeam Backup Server
Note: The Veeam services are set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)." After the reboot, please allow the services time to start before opening the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Remember to enable the Jobs you stopped in Step 1.