Currently Veeam is working closely with Microsoft Support to review the behavior. For the meantime, if you are affected by this issue, it is recommended to revert to the previous version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. This Knowledge Base article will be updated as the investigation between Veeam and Microsoft presents new information.
Downgrade to build 126.96.36.19904 by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to Control Panel and select "Uninstall a program" option
- Uninstall Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365. This operation will not require the reconfiguration of the backup infrastructure, as the configuration databases will remain after the uninstallation.
- Download version 188.8.131.5204 installer.
- Mount installer ISO on Veeam server and install Veeam Backup for Microsoft365 from it.
- Upgrade all remote proxies