Columbus, Ohio, February 24, 2011 – Veeam Backup & Replication v5, a leading data protection and disaster recovery solution for VMware software, has been named 2010 Product of the Year by Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Software and Services category. This is the 5th top virtualization industry award given to Veeam Backup & Replication v5 in the last six months. Version 5 features Veeam vPower– a unique 5-patents-pending technology. Recent industry awards include:
- 2010 Product of the Year (Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com)
- 2010 Product of the Year (SearchServerVirtualization.com)
- 2011 Reader’s Choice Award (Virtualization Review)
- Best of Show (VMworld 2010)
- Best New Technology (VMworld 2010)
“We truly appreciate this newest award and all the industry recognition,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “It is gratifying when industry experts take note of the innovative functionality in Veeam Backup & Replication v5 with vPower. It provides the most comprehensive protection for a virtual infrastructure and offers capabilities not available anywhere else.” Storage magazine-SearchStorage.com judges selected Product of the Year winners from among 200 enterprise storage-related products in five categories. They stated, “Veeam seems to constantly be leading the pack when it comes to innovation in the virtualization backup space. Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0 offers unique functionality that solves serious operational problems.”
That functionality is a result of vPower, the breakthrough technology in Veeam Backup & Replication v5 that lets users run a virtual machine (VM) in production or in an isolated virtual lab directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file on regular backup storage. The new vPower technology enables these industry firsts:
- Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire VM from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every VM, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and the overhead that extra VM snapshots place on VMs.
- Instant File-Level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
Veeam Backup & Replication protects more than 1 million VMs worldwide. At the same time, Veeam ONE – the leading solution for VMware monitoring, capacity planning, change management, reporting and chargeback – has won several top virtualization industry awards as well, including:
- 2010 Product of the Year in the Virtualization Management category (SearchServerVirtualization.com)
- 2011 Reader’s Choice Merit Award in the Virtual Management & Optimization category (Virtualization Review)
- Best of VMworld Finalist in the Virtualization Management category (VMworld 2010)