Las Vegas, NV: HPE Discover; Booth No. 500 – June 9, 2016
Veeam Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Always-On Enterprise, today announced Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce, a hardware and software solution that combines Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) and Veeam technologies to deliver Availability for small and midsize enterprises (SMBs). This new offering radically reduces operational and capital costs (OpEx and CapEx) by harnessing best-in-class hardware and software in a pre-configured, pre-qualified, out-of-the-box solution, which IT departments can quickly deploy to ensure enterprise-class availability of critical data and applications.
Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce leverages HPE ProLiant servers and HPE StoreOnce Virtual Storage Appliance (VSA), with Veeam Backup Essentials software for a complete availability solution. Available exclusively through Avnet, the solution is verified jointly by Veeam and HPE.
“Today, customers, partners and employees expect organizations of all sizes to have data available at all times, 24/7/365,” said Peter Ruchatz, CMO of Veeam. “This new combined hardware and software solution, sold exclusively by our partner, Avnet, provides SMBs with a complete availability solution that’s tailored especially for their needs and goes beyond standard legacy backup. We have eliminated the need for multiple products, delivering a pre-configured solution that requires little to no professional services to install and runs highly autonomously. As a result, we have managed to deliver a win-win to SMBs – enterprise-class availability with reduced OpEx and CapEx. It really is a no-brainer.”
Virtualization has vastly increased the speed and flexibility of server and application deployment. However, the ability to provision resources faster also increases the amount of critical data that needs to be always available. Legacy backup tools not only struggle to meet modern user demands, but they also increase the complexity and cost of managing the IT environment. For a SMB, this is potentially a crippling problem.
“Businesses trying to solve their growing data protection problems struggle to meet shrinking backup windows and data protection SLAs,” said Patrick Osborne, Senior Director of Product Management at HPE. “Customers need a new approach to managing risk and increasing availability for their digital assets. The Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce leverages HPE’s industry-leading ProLiant servers, HPE StoreOnce Backup Virtual Storage Appliance (VSA) and Veeam Availability solutions to deliver an advanced data availability solution for virtual environments. Simple to order, deploy, and manage, the solution is ideal for small business customers.”
The Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce includes everything SMBs need to protect VMs from data loss, corruption and site disasters. As a result, IT teams can:
- Eliminate legacy product proliferation by combining multiple backup and protection capabilities into one simple-to-manage data Availability solution, thereby reducing OpEx and CapEx across the business.
- Enjoy rapid restores for critical applications like Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Protect data from unauthorized access through data encryption.
- Store more for less with integrated deduplication increasing storage efficiency.
- Provide data loss avoidance by creating secondary backup copies that can be saved locally or remotely to alternate media for disaster recovery.
- Get cloud-ready access for efficient offsite backup and replication using qualified service providers. Veeam Cloud Connect Backup offers an easy and efficient way to get backups to a hosted cloud repository, while Veeam Cloud Connect Replication ensures protection of mission critical applications with fully integrated, fast and secure cloud-based disaster recovery through a Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) provider.
“SMB customers are increasingly interested in capabilities that can drive their business continuity strategy,” said Chris Chute, Vice President, IDC SMB Practice. “Small businesses that achieve consistent revenue growth are 69 percent more likely to be developing a holistic business protection plan than their peers who still view infrastructure as just a way to deliver workloads. Data protection and availability solutions that can easily integrate into existing infrastructure, yet also be cloud-ready, have unique value that aligns to where the market is headed.”
Other Veeam software capabilities that are included or available as a free download with the Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce include:
- Veeam ONE — a powerful monitoring, reporting and capacity planning tool for the Veeam backup infrastructure. Veeam ONE helps enable the Always-On Enterprise by providing complete visibility of vSphere and Hyper-V environments to detect issues before they can impact the business.
- Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE — a simple, free solution available for download and designed to back up Windows-based desktops and laptops. With Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE, IT can easily back up a PC to the Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce, or to an external hard drive, network-attached storage (NAS) share or Veeam Backup & Replication repository.
“By exclusively providing the Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce, Avnet will offer our partners a new way to fill the growing data availability customer demand while maximizing their investment in virtualized environments,” said Greg Peterson, vice president of Avnet’s HPE solutions business unit in the Americas. “This innovative technology from Veeam and HPE, combined with Avnet’s market expertise and technical integration capabilities, gives our partners an ideal solution to improve their customers’ approach to business continuity and accelerate their cloud capabilities.”
The Veeam Availability Solution for HPE StoreOnce is expected to be available Q3 2016 in North America through Avnet in two configurations: entry-level (10TB) and mid-size (20TB). Global availability is planned for later this year. For more information, please visit https://www.veeam.com/smb-vmware-hyper-v-essentials.html or visit Veeam at Booth No. 500 at HPE Discover.
About Veeam Software
Veeam recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise, a business that must operate 24/7/365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs, while always supporting the current and future business goals of Veeam customers.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 39,000 ProPartners and more than 193,000 customers worldwide. Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com.