COLUMBUS, OHIO, Nov. 11, 2008 — Veeam Software, a leading provider of systems management tools for VMware ESX Server environments, today announced general availability of its Veeam Veeam Configurator version 2.0. The new version is significantly different from 1.0, offering new ways to boost VMware administrator efficiency in the areas of ESX server provisioning and configuration management. Veeam Configurator 2.0 automatically discovers ESX and ESXi configurations across the enterprise and creates Veeam host profile templates. These templates can then be applied to groups of VMware hosts, and periodic scans can uncover inconsistencies and allow administrators to enforce defined templates to ensure policy compliance. The templates can also be used to quickly provision a new or re-build an existing ESX host.
“VMware has announced a new capability called ‘Host Profiles’ as part of its upcoming Virtual Datacenter Operating System, and when that is available, we will build on top and extend its functionality with our Configurator,” explained Ratmir Timashev, Veeam president and CEO. “Until that time, VMware administrators can get the same functionality today by using Veeam Configurator host profile templates.”
Veeam Configurator helps to ensure that ESX and ESXi host configuration complies with corporate policies and standards across the entire VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3). With Veeam Configurator, administrators can quickly and easily discover the current settings for all VMware hosts, review and adjust the captured configuration sets as needed, and use that information to define their baseline configuration templates. Veeam Configurator host configuration templates are applicable to groups of VMware hosts simultaneously from a central console. At any time, administrators can run the Configurator scan and receive detailed reports of exactly which hosts match the templates, which do not, and where the differences lie.
New features in Veeam Configurator include:
- Automated discovery – quickly scan all ESX and ESXi hosts to find and group those with matching configuration. This discovery process creates Veeam Configurator host profile templates, providing a starting point for creating common configuration templates.
- Complete Configuration Management – quickly configure or re-configure ESX and ESXi hosts using Configurator templates. Configure multiple hosts simultaneously to increase administrator consistency and efficiency while ensuring configuration compliance.
- Change Management and Reporting – easily create configuration reports, as well as configuration difference reports between various ESX and ESXi servers.
- Compliance Auditing – At any time, administrators can run the Configurator scan again, and receive detailed reports of exactly which VMware hosts match the templates, which do not, and where the differences lie.
- Simplified Provisioning – configure new ESX and ESXi hosts in just a few seconds using Configurator templates.
- Simplified Host Recovery – re-build a VMware server faster using a Configurator template.
Pricing and Availability Veeam Configurator 2.0 is available immediately, with North American pricing starting at $250 USD per socket. Special introductory pricing of $150 per socket is available through the end of 2008. More information, including free trial downloads, is available at http://www.veeam.com/configurator. About Veeam Software Veeam Software, a premier-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner and member of the VMware Ready Management program, provides innovative software for managing VMware Infrastructure. Veeam offers an award-winning suite of tools to assist the VMware administrator, including #1 for VMware Backup: Veeam Backup & Replication; Veeam Reporter Enterprise, for VMware Performance, Storage, Capacity reporting and chargeback; Veeam Configurator, offering Host Profiles today; and Veeam Monitor, for vmware performance monitoring and alerting across multiple Virtual Centers. With its acquisition of nworks, Veeam's products include the nworks Smart Plug-in and the nworks Management Pack that incorporate VMware data into enterprise management consoles from HP and Microsoft. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Carrie Reber Veeam Software Carrie.Reber@veeam.com Phone: +1 614 339 8200