BAAR, Switzerland: July 22, 2014
Click to Tweet: New Veeam Management Pack v7 for System Center with Support for Microsoft Hyper-V Now Available
Veeam Software, innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center, today announced that the new Veeam Management Pack (MP) version 7 for System Center is now generally available. Veeam MP v7 adds Microsoft Hyper-V support, providing full app-to-metal visibility within Microsoft System Center for both the Hyper-V and VMware vSphere layers to proactively monitor and alert IT of issues before they affect operations. Veeam has also introduced the full-featured Enterprise Plus and the Enterprise edition to meet the different IT management needs and budgets of System Center users.
Veeam MP v7 extends System Center Operations Manager’s features to deliver complete visibility of virtual and physical infrastructures and their dependencies. IT managers receive the monitoring, analysis and planning tools needed to quickly resolve issues, make informed decisions and meet the 24/7 availability needs of today’s business.
New features in Veeam MP v7 include:
- Real-time Hyper-V performance metrics: Gives Hyper-V administrators detailed real-time insight into what is happening in their environment. Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V displays real-time memory CPU consumption for the host and each associated VM.
- Capacity planning for hybrid cloud: Takes the time and guesswork out of planning hybrid cloud environments. Veeam MP v7 analyzes on-premises virtual workloads and recommends the appropriate Microsoft Azure or VMware vCloud Hybrid Service resources so that IT can efficiently plan and budget for a hybrid cloud strategy.
- vSphere host security profile reporting: Provides IT with visibility into vSphere security settings for firewalls and services including changes, when changes occurred, who changed the setting and other critical details needed to track security configuration.
- Enhanced Veeam MP deployment automation: Reduces the time and effort needed to deploy Veeam MP to support the largest VMware environments by automatically deploying collection components.
“By fully integrating Microsoft Hyper-V with Veeam MP v7 we now provide the rapidly growing Hyper-V user base with the same powerful management and monitoring tools that vSphere administrators have long enjoyed,” said Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO of Veeam. “This includes complete visibility of their critical virtual systems, risk mitigation, and proactive monitoring of Hyper-V from Microsoft’s System Center Operations Manager console.”
"We are pleased to see Veeam support System Center with the Veeam Management Pack v7,” said Chris Van Wesep, Director, Product Marketing, Cloud & Enterprise at Microsoft. “With this latest release, Veeam Management Pack builds on Microsoft System Center’s unified approach to management for virtual and physical infrastructure across on-premises and service provider environments.”
“Business continuity in today’s complex mix of virtual and physical resources requires solutions that understand the entire environment,” said Iain Mobberley, Technical Director at OCSL, a UK-based system integrator and gold Veeam Partner. “Our customers depend on the Veeam Management Pack integrated with Microsoft System Center for critical visibility, monitoring and analysis views to reduce IT risks and deliver on SLA commitments.”
Two licensing options are now offered with Veeam MP v7: the Enterprise Plus edition and Enterprise edition.
- The Enterprise Plus edition provides full features for strategic visibility of the app-to-metal stack and analysis tools needed for critical decision making, planning, optimization and right-sizing dynamic virtual environments. For example, IT could use Veeam MP to provide real-time forecasting analysis of a cluster’s capacity and determine the number of days until computing resources will be completely consumed, enabling administrators to react before a problem occurs. Current Veeam MP v6.5 customers with active maintenance can upgrade to Enterprise Plus edition free of charge.
- The Enterprise edition is designed to handle tactical management tasks and includes monitoring and alert management, report templates, and sophisticated dashboards, along with a subset of the management features offered in previous versions of Veeam MP.
Introductory Offer for Veeam MP v7 Enterprise Edition for Hyper-V
Now through Dec. 31, 2014, Veeam provides up to 100 full-production licenses of Veeam MP Enterprise edition for Hyper-V, plus one year of maintenance per customer free of charge. These free licenses are eligible for upgrade to the full-featured Enterprise Plus.
Veeam Management Pack v7 is available now. In North America the Enterprise Plus edition is priced at $450 per Hyper-V or vSphere CPU socket. The Enterprise edition is $250 per socket and can be upgraded to Enterprise Plus for $200 per socket. In other regions, Veeam Management Pack v7 is available at local pricing. Visit www.veeam.com/mp for additional product and pricing details and to register for free Veeam MP Enterprise edition licenses for Hyper-V.
Veeam will showcase its availability solutions at VeeamON: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, taking place October 6–9, 2014 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, NV. Veeam will bring together industry-leading experts, Veeam customers and partners who will learn about enabling the Always-On Business. Registration is now open.
About Veeam Software
Veeam enables the Always-On Business by providing solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center, which provides recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data. Veeam recognizes the challenges in keeping a business up and running at all times and addresses them with solutions that provide high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Backup & Replication leverages technologies that enable the modern data center, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, NetApp storage, and HP 3PAR StoreServ and StoreVirtual Storage, to help organizations meet RTPOs, save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs. Veeam Availability Suite provides all of the benefits and features of Veeam Backup & Replication along with advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for the backup infrastructure. Veeam Management Pack for System Center is the most comprehensive, intuitive and intelligent extension for app-to-metal management of Hyper-V and vSphere infrastructures, and includes monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication. The Veeam Cloud Provider Program (VCP) offers flexible monthly and perpetual licensing to meet the needs of hosting, managed service and cloud service providers. VCP currently has more than 4,500 service provider partners worldwide. Monthly rental is available in more than 70 countries from more than 50 Veeam aggregators.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 25,000 ProPartners and more than 101,000 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world.