Here are the general Veeam support renewal guidelines:
- One year of Basic support and maintenance is included with any new perpetual license purchased.
- Basic Veeam® annual maintenance renewal costs equal 20% of the regional MSRP price for new licenses at the time of renewal for each product purchased under perpetual licensing.
- Veeam does not provide public sector, educational or internal use discounts on support renewals (those discounts apply only for new licenses purchase).
- Please note that any customer who is not current on support will not be issued new license keys until maintenance is renewed, including license merges, edition upgrades, and edition downgrades.
- Prepaid discounted SKUs are available for purchase in the first six months of a new license contract. After this period, standard annual renewal SKUs are required.
- Maintenance contracts are limited to a maximum of five years for all orders (new license orders (with one year of included support) or annual renewal and a maximum of four years prepaid maintenance can be purchased). Please note that SKUs may not be ‘doubled’ to increase length of time for support.
- Customers who upgrade product editions which have future years of support remaining on the product contract must also purchase annual edition maintenance upgrade SKUs. These upgrades are annual and similar to renewals maintenance SKUs. It is not required to purchase an upgrade in support for a contract that is in the same year as the upgrade purchase.
- SKUs for additional years of Production prepaid support also include upgraded (24x7) support in the first year.
- Support renewals more than 3 months past due will be assessed a 25% reinstatement fee compared with annual renewal. Fee is included in Expired Renewal SKUs, which are required for renewal of contracts expired more than 3 months at time of purchase. Expired Fee Waived SKUs can be used with Veeam approval only. In cases where support expired more than 15 months ago – please contact Veeam Renewals team to confirm needed SKUs.
- To receive production support, all production licensed sockets for a product must be licensed at the production levels otherwise support defaults to basic levels.
- Customers whose support has lapsed must renew their licenses with the appropriate annual support and renewal license SKU, co-term SKU, or back maintenance (with 25% Reinstatement Fee) as applicable. However, customers whose support has lapsed for more than two years may be eligible to be sold new licenses at list price instead of an annual support and renewal license with prior written approval from Veeam. Please speak with your Veeam representative for more details.
What date is considered as the support start date, after the renewal has been purchased?
The renewal will extend support from the support expiration date. I.e. A customer has support expiring in December 2016. With
The same approach is used for licenses with expired support. If the customer has support expired in June 2016, and annual renewal is done in October 2016 – the new support period will be June 2016 – June 2017.
When does support for new licenses start? Can we postpone the support start date if the customer wishes to do so?
Support for new licenses starts on the date Veeam receives a Purchase Order from distribution. It is not possible to postpone the support start date.
After a customer renews, when will they get a new license file?
Please allow Veeam up to 24 hours (not including weekends) to process the purchase order once it's received from distribution.
If the new major version hasn’t come out, an old license file that customer currently owns can still be used. The new license file doesn’t need to be installed; however, we suggest that customers always save the license files they receive.
Please follow the steps below if the new license file needs to be installed:
- Save the license file to the system your Veeam Software is installed on
- Open your Veeam console
- On the
tool bar, select the “Help” option
- Select “License Information”
- Choose “Install License”
There are three levels of support offered by Veeam:
Support Program – Customer Local Business Hours
|Evaluation Support||Mon - Fri 8am-5pm|
|Basic Support||Mon - Fri 8am‐8pm|
For details of Veeam’s support policy, please visit the Veeam Support