The Be the Hero series is designed for Veeam partners to learn about Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), the Veeam Platform, and how partners can deliver the business outcomes customers need today. This issue is the fourth part of a four-part series. For previous ones, read below
- The Veeamazing BaaS and DRaaS
- Win the Battle of the 3-2-1 Rule With Off-site Backup
- DRaaS: The Offense to Shield Your Customers From Threats
- Veeam-powered BaaS & DRaaS and Partner-to-Partner Opportunities
In our previous Be the Hero issues, we talked about Veeam-powered BaaS and DRaaS, the foundational technologies that make these solutions possible and the partner opportunity with the Veeam Platform. This is the final issue in the series which highlights how Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) partners can take their Veeam-powered services to the next level with competencies and engaging other channel partners.
Delivering cloud-powered services isn’t for everyone — this requires expertise and skills that not all partners possess. Worry not — Veeam has a network of partners to support you when you need it.
VCSP Competency Program
Veeam’s approach to delivering industry-leading data protection is with partners at the center of their business model. This is no different with BaaS and DRaaS workloads. To further support VCSP partners, we have a Competency Program designed to
- Recognize VCSP partners who offer best-in-class Veeam-powered services
- Focus on a predetermined list of qualifications for each competency to enable confidence in the solution
- Help customers consume Veeam products “as a service” by identifying and promoting partner-led Veeam-powered services
- Open new routes to market for Value-Added Resellers (VARs) and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) through white-labeling Reseller Ready competency approved solutions
Why a competency?
For service providers, a badge or verification of capability sends a strong signal to current and potential customers. This can help differentiate you from your competition. Furthermore, brand awareness and lead generation help you grow! Visibility on the directories, leveraging co-brandable content and marketing development funds (MDF) are also available to support your business development efforts (MDF is not guaranteed; proposal-based funds may be available upon request). In the case of achieving a Reseller Ready competency, it can open new routes to market diversifying your current offering.
There are two types of competencies: Customer Ready (end user focused) or Reseller Ready (channel focused).
The Customer Ready competency is for partners with customer-oriented solutions designed around the Veeam-powered BaaS and DRaaS use cases: Off-site Backup, BaaS for Microsoft 365 and DRaaS. Partners with these badges gain visibility through the VCSP Partner Directory on Veeam.com. This directory provides potential and existing Veeam customers access to our list of badged partners and can serve as a lead generation source for partners.
Reseller Ready competencies support partner solutions that are packaged for resale. Veeam service providers have established partner programs where VARs and MSPs can deliver customer outcomes in an “as a service” model with minimal barriers to entry. Depending on the partner program, VARs and MSPs may find referral, resale or white label/branded services. To learn more about these options and expanding your offering, check out this infographic. Today the Reseller Ready badges available are Off-site Backup, BaaS for Microsoft 365 and MSP Backup. Partners with Reseller Ready badges are in the ProPartner portal on the VCSP Reseller Ready Partner Directory.
Become a dynamic duo: The Partner-to-Partner (P2P) Opportunity
The Reseller Ready badges create this global partner-to-partner ecosystem which is the proverbial “win-win.” The VCSP Reseller Ready Partner Directory is the hub where VARs and MSPs can leverage the expertise of a VCSP partner for complex BaaS and DRaaS solutions. The VAR or MSP adds to their topline revenue and retains happy customers while the VCSP partner diversifies and expands their business with new routes to market without deviating from their core capabilities. This program is a great opportunity for both parties to expand their business without competition.
Scenarios where Reseller Ready may help
- As an MSP, you don’t have your own data center and want to start offering an off-site backup repository option. Find a Veeam Cloud Connect partner with the Off-site Backup competency to reduce your speed to market.
- Addressing regulatory or compliance concerns in another region or geography. The VCSP partner network is global. There may be providers willing to partner with you in the country or region to support the customer whether it’s on-site support or leveraging their data center.
- Customers are asking for DRaaS, which requires a highly technical skillset that your company doesn’t have and doesn’t plan on delivering. Reseller Ready partners can deliver outcomes associated with DRaaS solutions to your clients. Whether you want to refer, resell or white label their offer, there is a partner to support your ideal engagement.
There is no better time than now to get started! With more customers looking for BaaS and DRaaS solutions to solve their current challenges, the time to save the day is now. Be the hero your customer needs!
Learn more about the VCSP Competency Program.