Yesterday we made available for download our updated Capacity Planning for VMware as part of the Veeam ONE Solution. This update builds on the capacity planning that was already part of Veeam ONE and extends it address customer feedback and add new features.
Take the guesswork out of capacity planning
- Look beyond consolidation ratios and constraint-based optimization
- Analyze trends, perform what-if modeling, forecast and make recommendations to provide guidance for when, how and where to intelligently grow the virtual environment.
- Perform what-if analysis for adding custom VMs and hosts
- Analyze thin-provisioning and identify over-committed storage
- Provide recommendations for host and storage resources
Fig. 1 - Sample report showing when to add a host
Veeam ONE is more that just capacity planning, in fact, it also includes all of these monitoring and reporting features as well:
- Real-time monitoring
- Hundreds of vSphere metrics
- vSphere Events
- Reporting Dashboards
- Customizable reports
- Change management
- Automatic business categorization
- End-to-end view: through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager
This update is available for free for any Veeam ONE (or Veeam Reporter) customers current on maintenance. If you’d like to download a trial of just the advanced capacity planning, you can download Veeam Reporter.
GD Star Rating