Published date: January 9, 2020
Veeam is the most trusted provider of Backup that delivers Cloud Data Management. We’ve been growing rapidly for twelve years, delivering innovative solutions with many industry firsts. 2019 was an amazing year that saw Veeam continue to take market share from other vendors, and continue our growth in the enterprise, while continuing to serve a large, and expanding number of mid-sized organizations.
- Veeam now has over 365,000 customers, ranging from very small deployments, to an organization that protects over 100,000 machines; all with the same Veeam software.
- Trailing Twelve Month bookings as of May 2019 is over $1B in software-only revenue, placing Veeam in the rare company of less than three-dozen software vendors to ever achieve this significant milestone.
IDC published its software market results for the first half of 2019*, and Veeam again achieved market leading growth in data replication and protection software market. Veeam's revenue grew 22.4% year over year in the first half of 2019, 19 points faster than the overall DR&P software market. IDC shows that in the first half of 2019 that the overall market grew 3.1%, with some of the top vendors failing to achieve even this small amount of growth. With this growth and success comes a sense of responsibility on our part to help customers see the future and prepare for the change and transformation that is coming.
IDC Semi-Annual Software Tracker: Data Replication & Protection
Change in Growth: Top 5 by Company, 2019H1 (Vendor Revenue, US Dollar, M)
Why is Veeam able to continue to achieve such success, especially in a market that has a large legacy vendor presence with established, mature products? The answer is that we offer a platform that provides that market what it wants, driven by three key differentiators:
- Simple – Veeam’s single platform brings together all your data in one place, so you can put it to work. This provides visibility into the data across your organization. Veeam allows you to test development projects outside of the production system, without downtime. Veeam’s intuitive design with granular recovery, built-in analytics, and scalable software-defined architecture reduces complexity and lets you manage data more effectively, and with less effort. Veeam offers one platform to help protect data across cloud, virtual, physical and SaaS environments.
- Reliable – Veeam helps you back up and manage your data from anywhere in your IT ecosystem at any time, so you can better develop applications, ensure governance and compliance and accelerate your business. Access data anytime and anywhere. Go beyond business continuity to re-use your data to accelerate your business and drive innovation. Veeam utilizes proven methodologies that deliver Cloud Data Management. We offer verified recovery and data loss avoidance capabilities, along with self-documenting disaster recovery plans. That’s why when customers talk about the reliability of Veeam, they say, “It Just Works.”
- Flexible – Our backup and data management solution extends with you at the budget you have, so you can harness the power of your data to support your digital transformation. With Veeam, you can keep pace with the changing business landscape, market dynamics and consumer expectations. Veeam’s software-defined, hardware-agnostic, and cloud-ready approach lets you leverage your data. With Veeam, you maintain flexibility and portability across on-prem, hybrid and multi-cloud environments. Our broad partner ecosystem means that you will never be locked into a single deployment model, infrastructure, or cloud provider. We let you future-proof your data with a true, proven partner.
These IDC results validate what we’ve been seeing across the globe. Veeam and what we enable organizations to achieve is resonating with data center professionals, service providers and alliance partners all over the world. Legacy solutions built during an era before server virtualization and the cloud, have failed to keep up with the increasing demands of data availability, data agility and business acceleration. The market is seeking solutions that improve their costs, reduce complexity and deliver more capabilities. We make sure that data is always available, protected and enable data re-use for businesses across the globe. This means, regardless of where our customer’s data resides (physical systems, SaaS and IaaS services, public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, or multi-cloud), our platform helps hundreds of thousands of companies keep their businesses running.
Veeam’s vision is to be the most trusted provider of Backup that delivers Cloud Data Management, which entails Backup and Recovery, Cloud Mobility, Monitoring and Analytics, Orchestration and Automation, and Governance and Compliance for ALL data. We make sure that data is always available, protected and actively working for businesses across the globe. This means, regardless of where our customer’s data resides – virtual and physical systems, SaaS and IaaS services, public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud & multi-cloud – our platform helps hundreds of thousands of companies keep their business running. At Veeam, we help you backup for what’s next.
* IDC, Semi-Annual Software Tracker, 2019H1Show more articles from this author
Makes disaster recovery, compliance, and continuity automatic
NEW Veeam Availability Orchestrator helps you reduce the time, cost and effort of planning for and recovering from a disaster by automatically creating plans that meet compliance.