This method utilizes the Copy Backup feature, introduced in Veeam Backup & Replication 12, to simplify the process and allows the entire procedure to be performed directly from within the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
Before You Begin
In this procedure, "OldRepo" refers to the current location of the backup files for the Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV job and "NewRepo" refers to the repository where you want the backup files to reside.
- Using the Copy Backup feature, copy the backup files to the NewRepo.
- Edit the job, and configure it to use the NewRepo.
- Run the job once.
- Confirm that the repository switch has occurred.
Within the Veeam Backup & Replication Console, check the Repository column in these views to confirm:
- The backup files on the NewRepo appear under Backups > Disk.
- The backup files on the OldRepo appear under Backups -> Disk (Orphaned).
- After confirming that the job is now utilizing the backup files that were copied to the NewRepo, delete the old backup files on the OldRepo.