Release Notes for Veeam Backup Replication 9.5 Update 4a
Please confirm that you are running version 9.0 Update 2 (build 184.108.40.2065) or later prior to installing this update. You can check this under Help | About in Veeam Backup & Replication console. After upgrade, your build number will be 220.127.116.1153.
You will also see the vendor name changed from Veeam Software AG to Veeam Software Group GmbH, reflecting the legal company name change. Please note that the name change has also resulted in a change of the code signing certificate.
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a is a cumulative hotfix rollup that addresses issues reported by customers on the original build of Update 4, and adds the following platform support enhancements:
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U2 readiness including support for VMs with virtual hardware version 15. Please note that the testing has been performed on pre-release 6.7 U2 builds, while the official support will still require a comprehensive testing of the GA build. UPDATE: vSphere 6.7 U2 is officially supported with Update 4a.
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2019 is now supported as a source for Microsoft Hyper-V VMs backup jobs.
- Dell EMC Data Domain using DD OS 6.2 is now supported as the backup repository via both DDBoost and CIFS/NFS protocols.
- NSS trustee rights on files and folders are now restored during file-level recovery from NSS volumes hosted on Micro Focus Open Enterprise Server (OES).
- Experimental support for keyboard-interactive authentication can be enabled by creating the LinuxKeyboardInteractiveAuth (DWORD) = 1 registry value under the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication key on the backup server. By default, we will look for the "password" substring in the SSH console prompts. You can override this using the LinuxKeyboardInteractiveAuthPrompt (REG_MULTI_SZ) value, where multiple substrings can be specified one per line.
- New Japanese era compatibility. 新元号の変更検証済み
- Certificate verification issues cause the backup console taking too long to open, or failing to open with "Object reference not set to an instance to an object" from backup console or "Could not load file or assembly" error in the log.
- Upgrade to Update 4 fails with the "Database version downgrade detected ... Reboot and restart the setup" error on machines where system time regional format uses a.m. and p.m. (lowercase with dots).
- SureBackup jobs start failing after upgrading to Update 4 due to virtual lab settings incorrectly updated by the configuration upgrade, in case of lack of free disk space in the vPower NFS cache folder.
- On Hyper-V versions prior to 2016, jobs with application-aware processing disabled fail with "The system cannot find the file specified" error.
- Backup of Windows XP SP1 VMs fails with the "Failed to call RPC function Vss.GetFileFromGADir" error.
- Various primary storage integration issues with HPE Nimble, NetApp, IBM and Dell EMC VNX storage.
- Tape support reliability issues, including a number of UI performance issues with tape management functionality.
- HPE StoreOnce Catalyst library memory leak issue (solved by updating the library to version 18.104.22.168).
- VeeamZIP™ operation incorrectly consumes a license for VMs that were previously licensed by regular backup jobs.
Veeam Cloud & Service Provider Partners
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a also includes bug fixes for service providers offering Veeam Cloud Connect services, and managing backup servers with Veeam Availability Console. For the full change log, please see this topic on the private Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) forum. Not a member of the VCSP forum? Click here to join. Had access before, but lost it? Click here to more info.
For detailed information on features and enhancements included in the original release of Update 4, please refer to this What’s New document.
If you have 9.5 Update 4 installed (RTM build 22.214.171.1249 or GA build 126.96.36.19915), you can upgrade to Update 4a using the following update package:
For new installations and upgrades from the previous versions, use the 9.5 Update 4a ISO image:
Should you have any questions, contact Veeam Support.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.