In certain situations, when using a Backup Copy Job with an Archive Appliance to copy data from a Backup Job that was set up solely to protect Teams data via Teams Export APIs, the transfer of Teams channel messages may fail.
Requirements for the Issue to Occur
This issue only affects Backup Copy Jobs under the following criteria:
- The Backup Copy Job was initially created using one of the following versions:
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 6a (build 220.127.116.11)
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 6a P20220825 (build 18.104.22.168)
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 6a P20220926 (build 22.214.171.1243)
- Microsoft Graph Export API for Teams is activated;
- The Backup Copy Job was created for a Backup Job that only transferred Teams data;
- Either Amazon or Azure Archive Appliances are used for backup copy data placement.
Issue Detection Script
If you are unsure whether your Backup Copy Jobs are affected by this issue, use the following script to detect affected Backup Copy Jobs and their Repositories.
To use the script, please:
- Enable the REST API service;
- Download the script;
- Modify the script to specify the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 server's name and provide account credentials that can be used to connect it.
- Run the script, and the output will show you all possibly affected backup copy jobs.
Note: If a copy job or repository was renamed or deleted, it would not appear in the script output.
Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Veeam Technical Support.