- Adoption of Veeam Hyper-Availability Platform by new and existing customers accelerated with more than 150,000 downloads of Veeam Availability Suite Update 3 since its launch
- Total bookings from enterprises grew 58 percent YoY as the number of deals over $100,000 increased by 55 percent YoY
- More than 12,000 Veeam customers were acquired in Q1’2018, expanding Veeam’s customer base to over 294,000
- Total bookings driven by strategic alliances with HPE, Cisco and NetApp grew by triple-digits YoY, with Veeam’s partner ecosystem growing by 2,100 new partners to a total of 55,400 reselling partners
- Subscription products off to a high growth start, including Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 sales with more than 3,000 percent growth year-over-year, and Veeam Agents for Windows and Linux with more than 1,000 percent growth year-over-year
BAAR, Switzerland: April 24, 2018: Veeam® Software, the leader in Intelligent Data Management for the Hyper-Available Enterprise™, today announced results from Q1 2018. In its 39th straight quarter of record bookings growth, Veeam delivered 21 percent growth year-over-year (YoY) in total bookings. With another 12,000 customers added to its current total of 294,000, and 58 percent YoY growth in named enterprise accounts, Veeam is on track to achieve its goal of becoming a $1B company in 2018.
“Our mission is to enable the enterprise to meet the expectations of a world that demands the Hyper-Availability of data by being the most trusted provider of Intelligent Data Management solutions,” said Peter McKay, Co-CEO and President of Veeam. “Today, with the most complete Hyper-Availability Platform to protect any data, any app on any cloud, we are helping nearly 300,000 customers navigate the journey from the old world of periodic backups and white-knuckle recovery to a new world of self-learning data operating in an intelligently automated system that spans the hyper-extended enterprise.”
“This commitment to our customers is our engine of growth that will drive achieving our 2018 objective of $1B in total bookings,” continued McKay. “To accomplish our mission and our growth objectives, we’ve made significant investments in our engineering and development teams, expanded our marketing and branding, added additional programs and support initiatives to our partner programs, extended our alliance relationships and offerings, and increased our focus on the large enterprise. The outcome has been strong results in all geographies, with all reporting double-digit YoY total bookings growth for Q1. We are off to another great start for another record year, and I have complete confidence that our continued momentum, executive leadership, and our unique Hyper-Availability Platform will enable us to become the next billion-dollar software company this year.”
- New and existing Veeam customers have accelerated the adoption of Veeam Hyper-Availability Platform – the core component of Veeam’s most comprehensive data protection and data management solution with integrated agent management – enabling Veeam to protect any app, any data, across any cloud. More than 150,000 downloads have been reported of the most recent version of Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 3 since its release in December 2017.
- With 294,000 customers, representing more than 16.3 million VMs protected with Veeam Availability solutions, Veeam continues to average 4,000 new customers each month. New Veeam customers includePernod Ricard Hong Kong Limited, ING Belgium, SKY Italia, Landmark Information Group, Equinix, Unipres Mexicana, HireRight, Ameritas, Termomecanica and Follett LLC.
- Veeam’s strategic alliances continue to gain momentum as total bookings driven through Alliance partnerships grew by triple-digits YoY. Veeam and HPE joint opportunities have increased by 148 percent YoY fueled by Veeam joining the HPE Complete Program, enabling customers to purchase complete HPE and Veeam solutions directly from HPE and its resellers. Now on the Cisco Global Price list, Veeam and Cisco deals have grown 299 percent quarter over quarter for Q1’2018. Veeam was also added to the NetApp Global Price List, which will further its foothold in enterprise accounts.
- The new Veeam Universal Storage API simplifies the process of integrating storage with the Veeam Cloud Data Management. As a result, select Veeam Alliance Partners, like recent collaborations with Pure Storage and INFINIDAT, can be integrated more rapidly, providing more benefits to more customers in less time and delivering an even higher return on their IT investments.
- The Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) program continues its positive growth trajectory with 38 percent annual growth. The number of VMs protected using Veeam-powered solutions grew 36 percent YoY, demonstrating increased confidence in Veeam being the best multi-cloud intelligent data management platform. Continuing to drive growth in the market, Veeam now has more than 3,200 partners providing BaaS and DRaaS using Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Veeam made its first acquisition in 10 years when it acquired N2WS, the leading provider of cloud-native Enterprise backup and disaster recovery for Amazon Web Services (AWS), in an all-cash deal. The acquisition strengthens Veeam as the leading provider of Availability for any app, any data, across any cloud, and its ability to protect AWS deployments.
- High growth and increased contribution from subscription products has shown dramatic momentum. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 subscription sales increased more than 3,000 percent YoY in Q1. More than 29,000 organizations, representing 2.7 million Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes, have now downloaded Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to protect their data. Veeam Availability Suite version 9.5 Update 3 enables Veeam Backup & Replication to deploy and manage Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux (Veeam Agents) to protect physical, non-virtualized servers and endpoints as well as any public cloud workloads. Agents subscription sales have increased more than 1,000 percent YoY.
- With more than 3,200 employees all around the world, Veeam continues to strengthen its team of talent, including expanding internal roles within the company. ESG principal analyst, Jason Buffington, recently joined the Veeam Product Strategy team as Senior Director. Buffington will evangelize thought leadership at key industry events, establish and maintain executive relationships with Veeam’s most strategic enterprise accounts, and communicate our long-term vision and strategy within the industry. Buffington has worked among the leaders and disruptors of the data protection industry for nearly 30 years, covering data protection, data preservation, data management, and data availability. Ken MacAskill has been promoted to Veeam CFO. He joined Veeam in 2017 to lead the GTM Operations team. MacAskill has been leading finance organizations as CFO for 20 years with extensive experience working with high growth and venture-based businesses
Registration is now open for VeeamON 2018, the premier conference for Intelligent Data Management, which will take place May 14 – 16, 2018, in Chicago, IL. Nearly 10,000 customers, partners and influencers attended VeeamON 2017 in New Orleans, LA, and the regional VeeamON Forum events held all around the world.
“Apps and data are the backbone of our operations as they enable everything from design, collaboration and communication, to customer management and logistics. Veeam easily delivers the always-on availability our organization needs, helps us reduce the risk of data loss, and gives our IT team the comfort of sleeping at night.”
- Mario Foster, Group Chief Information Officer at Al Naboodah Group Enterprises (ANGE)
“We came to the conclusion that Veeam Backup & Replication was the most advanced virtualization availability solution on the market. Its backup and restore process was simply seamless, leading to more efficient backup data transfer and less network utilization. And it integrates nicely with our HPE systems. All of which gave us extra confidence that this was the right direction to take to stay resilient to nature’s challenges.”
- John Sew Hoy, Director, Head of IT Security at First NZ Capital
“Protection of our digital assets and business systems is critical. Veeam ‘gets IT out of the way’, so that we can focus on more value-add projects that enhance our visitor experience and enable our museums to focus on our stories and places.”
- Lisa Brady, Head of ICT at Sydney Living Museums
“Ensuring our customers maintain business continuity and availability for their data is critical and partnering with Veeam makes it easy to deliver backup and recovery – anytime, anywhere, any cloud. Our Veeam-powered services business has grown exponentially, by going to market with Veeam we have grown our business 80 percent YOY and have no signs of slowing down.”
- Matt Chesterton, CEO of OffsiteDataSync, a Platinum VCSP partner
“At OVH, our customers are increasingly looking for offerings that are secure, have flexible data protection options, and offer full transparency on their data location. By having Veeam both built into our Private Cloud, and as a standalone backup-as-a-service solution, customers have the confidence and control they need to bring their workloads to our infrastructure. Looking at the positive feedbacks from our customers, it’s no surprise to us that Veeam continues to be recognized as a leader in Availability, and we’ll continue to grow our partnership in the future.”
- Nicolas Savides, VP Strategy & Partnerships at OVH Group, a Platinum VCSP partner
“Increasingly we are finding that customers are looking for IaaS offerings that are more secure, and have flexible backup and recovery options. By having Veeam built into our Secure By Design infrastructure solutions, customers have the confidence to migrate their workloads to our compliant cloud environments. Therefore, it’s no surprise to us that Veeam continues to be recognized as a leader in backup and disaster recovery with their availability solutions, and we’re proud to call them our partner.”
– William Bell, VP of Products at phoenixNAP, a Platinum VCSP partner
“Our customers trust our cloud platform backed by Veeam – they know the backup will work. Around 80% of our cloud customers also deployed the Veeam backup service. Veeam’s global footprint is in tandem with CITIC Telecom CPC’s global presence, which is aligned with our customers. Together, we can bring better value to customers whilst ensuring that their businesses are always available.”
- Daniel Kwong, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer at CITIC Telecom CPC, a Gold VCSP partner
About Veeam Software
Veeam is the global leader in Intelligent Data Management for the Hyper-Available Enterprise. Veeam Hyper-Availability Platform is the most complete solution to help customers on the journey to automating data management and ensuring the Hyper-Availability of data. We have more than 294,000 customers worldwide, including 75 percent of the Fortune 500 and 58 percent of the Global 2000. Our customer satisfaction scores, at 2.5X the industry average, are the highest in the industry. Our global ecosystem includes 55,000 channel partners; Cisco, HPE, and NetApp as exclusive resellers; and nearly 19,000 cloud and service providers. Headquartered in Baar, Switzerland, Veeam has offices in more than 30 countries. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com or follow Veeam on Twitter @veeam.