Columbus, Ohio, November 12, 2009 – Veeam Software, award-winning provider of systems management tools for VMware virtual datacenter environments, today announced significant growth in every area of its business during the first three quarters of 2009. New bookings revenue in the third quarter grew 207 percent over the same quarter last year, and for the nine-month period, new bookings revenue grew 152 percent compared to the first nine months of 2008, including the previously acquired nworks products on a combined basis.
Other highlights of Veeam’s progress include:
- Customers – worldwide, Veeam now has more than 6,000 customers, and is currently adding new customers at the rate of 600 per month.
- Partners – the company now has more than 3,000 ProPartner resellers and more than 20 distributors worldwide. Veeam is committed to continued growth and support for its channel partners.
- Products – during the first nine months of this year, Veeam made available 10 major product updates to its suite of systems management software for virtual server management. Veeam Backup & Replication, the Veeam nworks Management Pack and Smart Plug-in for VMware, Veeam Monitor and Veeam Reporter Enterprise customers on maintenance received two major updates during this time at no additional charge. The company also introduced Veeam Business View and an update to Veeam FastSCP.
- Employees – Veeam now has nearly 200 employees worldwide, having expanded its local presence across North America, EMEA and the Asia Pacific regions during the first nine months of the year.
- Veeam FastSCP is now used by more than 100,000 VMware professionals, making it the most widely used free tool to help manage VMware vSphere.
“Veeam’s success is rooted in our technical innovation and customer responsiveness,” explained Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “We seek out and act upon customers’ feedback to create innovative solutions to their problems, which means we meet and exceed their expectations within weeks or months, while our competitors often take years. This is how Veeam is taking away market share from competitors who have been in this space longer. Our channel partners have found our products significantly superior, and that gives them a competitive advantage in helping their customers.”
Veeam products, which are entering their fourth and fifth generations, span a broad portfolio. The newest product in Veeam’s portfolio, Veeam Business View, is a free add-on tool that works with Veeam’s other products to group, view and manage virtual machines based on criteria such as business unit, department, location, server purpose or service level agreement. This alternate view of the VMware infrastructure supports the new Cloud Computing paradigm by helping end customers and VMware hosting providers to easily link every virtual machine to a specific customer and business service, as well as by facilitating reporting and chargeback, and helping control “VM sprawl.”
During the first three quarters of the year, Veeam also received several important product certifications, including being named a Dell ISV Basic Certified Partner, with the Veeam Management Pack for VMware certified as part of the Dell ISV Partner Program. Veeam was also one of the first independent software vendors to achieve VMware Ready ™ Optimized status with its nworks Management Pack for VMware and its nworks Smart Plug-in for VMware.
“Our aggressive growth in the first three quarters of the year puts us in an ideal position for a strong finish to 2009 and even greater success in 2010,” Timashev added.
About Veeam Software Veeam Software, a premier-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner and member of the VMware Ready Management program, provides innovative software for managing VMware vSphere 4 and Virtual Infrastructure 3. Veeam offers an award-winning suite of tools to assist the VMware administrator, including #1 for VMware vSphere backup: Veeam Backup & Replication; Veeam Reporter Enterprise, for VMware performance, storage, capacity reporting and chargeback; Veeam Monitor, for VMware vSphere performance monitoring and alertingacross multiple vCenter Servers; Veeam Configurator, offering complete host configuration management; and Veeam Business View, a free add-on that works with other Veeam products to provide business categorization for the VMware vSphere environment. With its acquisition of nworks, Veeam's products include the nworks Smart Plug-in and the nworks Management Pack that incorporate VMware data into enterprise management consoles from HP and Microsoft. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Social Media Links Twitter: http://twitter.com/veeam LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1624687 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Veeam-Software/48046820798?ref=ts
Media Contact: Carrie Reber Carrie.Reber@veeam.com +1 614 339 8200
Jeff Miller Davies Murphy Group firstname.lastname@example.org +1 541 207 3461