Today is a very special day in Veeam’s history. We are releasing Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0 or "v5" at 11am at our highly anticipated Live Launch and this will be the biggest product release in our company’s history. We have always felt that this product will be a breakthrough in data protection for VMware and we also sincerely believe that this is a groundbreaking product in the entire backup industry.
Version 5.0 provides 2-in-1 backup and replication for virtual machines running on VMware ESX(i) and performs functions not possible with traditional physical backup solutions or other virtual backup tools. With patent-pending technology, Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0 can run a VM in production or in an isolated virtual lab directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file on regular backup storage. As a result, it’s now possible to instantly recover a VM directly from a backup, restore individual objects (email messages, database records, etc.) from any virtualized application, and automatically verify the recoverability of every backup without additional hardware or staff.
Our new technology also enables organizations to gain additional value from their investments in backup storage by using backups to create an “on-demand sandbox” for troubleshooting, testing and development/QA. Additionally, the added functionality in Veeam Backup & Replication v5 gives organizations compelling reasons to virtualize their critical enterprise applications, such as CRM, ERP or applications such as Oracle databases and Microsoft Exchange.
Here is a summary of what Veeam Backup & Replication v5 provides:
- Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire virtual machine from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR™ (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup™ Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every virtual machine, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches and new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and the overhead that extra VMware snapshots place on VMs.
- Instant File-level Recovery for any file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
Just a few months ago, the judges at VMworld 2010 awarded us with the “Best of Show 2010” and “Best New Technology 2010” stating that Veeam Backup & Replication v5 “addresses major problems that virtualization administrators have” and “its backup verification technology and ability to reach into applications set it apart.”
Today we are excited to unveil this very product to you so that you can try it and see why Veeam Backup & Replication v5 won multiple awards at VMworld 2010. We also hope you will see why we believe that Veeam Backup & Replication v5 is a true breakthrough in the backup industry!
Have you tried it yet? What do you think?
GD Star Rating