Today we publicly announced our very successful Q3 when we experienced extraordinary growth. Our total revenue bookings grew 88% in Q3 of this year when compared to Q3 in 2009 and new license revenue bookings increased 73%. Additionally we added 2100 new customers bringing the grand total to more than 15,000 customers worldwide. Veeam also hired 47 new employees, bringing our total number of employees to 301 worldwide.
Four Awards at VMworld 2010 That We Won in Q3
In Q3 we were fortunate to win “Best of Show 2010” award at the VMworld conference in San Francisco and we were the 1st company in history to win 4 “Best of VMworld” awards. We received the Best of Show for Veeam Backup & Replication™ v5 (what we call “v5”) which judges called a “cut-and-dried winner.” We also won Gold for New Technology with vPower, the breakthrough technology behind v5. For the 2nd consecutive year, Veeam was a finalist in the Virtualization Management category with Veeam ONE and a finalist in the Business Continuity and Data Protection category with Veeam Backup & Replication.
NEW Products in Q3
Veeam Backup & Replication v5 with vPower – at the end of August we demonstrated our new “v5” and vPower technology at VMworld San Francisco. This technology powers Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0 and overcomes the limitations of traditional data protection and disaster recovery software by running a VM directly from a backup file. vPower also enables these features that are innovative in the industry and which no other companies have in their products:
- Instant VM Recovery: restores an entire virtual machine from a backup file in minutes and users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR (Universal Application-Item Recovery): recovers individual items from any virtualized application, on any OS, without additional backups, agents or software tools. It eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup Recovery Verification: Automatically verifies the recoverability of every backup and of every virtual machine. This features eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and the overhead that extra VMware snapshots place on VMs.
- Instant File-Level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
Our CEO, Ratmir Timashev, was quoted saying that v5 with vPower has taken VMware backup to a new level and it not only provides much better service at a much lower cost, it also offers compelling reasons to virtualize critical enterprise applications, including CRM, ERP and email systems which includes databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server and email systems such as Microsoft Exchange.
Free Edition of the Veeam Reporter – at the time of our highly anticipated “v5” release, Veeam also announced in August our new free version of the popular Veeam Reporter for VMware. Veeam Reporter allows VMware administrators to perform capacity planning, change management, and enterprise reporting and chargeback.
Veeam ONE – finally, in Q3, the company introduced Veeam ONE which is a comprehensive solution for managing the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments. It includes Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Change Management as well as Reporting and Chargeback. It is the only single solution that takes into account varying customer requirements and scenarios. The Veeam nworks Management Pack Plus and the Veeam nworks Smart Plug-in Plus are for companies using Microsoft System Center or the HP Operations Manager, respectively. These Veeam ONE offerings leverage and extend the management frameworks in which customers have already invested. Veeam Monitor Plus is used in other monitoring environments.
For all these achievements and successes in Q3, we are sincerely grateful to our customers, partners and the VMware community!