Cloud adoption continues to accelerate with more and more organizations choosing public cloud infrastructure and platforms to run their production operations. The list of available services across these platforms is seemingly endless, including cloud VMs, databases, files systems, containers, serverless workloads and more.
We all know that just like with on-premises data, data in the cloud needs protecting, and a solution without comprehensive support for all data on any platform just isn’t modern.
Veeam is the Modern Data Protection platform, paving the way for organizations to rapidly adopt the cloud since 2014, without sacrificing data protection and security. More recently, Veeam has added cloud-native support for the leading public cloud platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Veeam’s strategy for delivering these solutions is very straightforward:
- V1: Provide cost-effective, standalone backup for cloud VMs with in-cloud recovery options (e.g., AWS to AWS, Azure to Azure, GCP to GCP)
- V2: Deeply integrate the solution into Veeam Backup & Replication, providing a single console to protect and manage cloud, virtual, physical, SaaS and Kubernetes data
- V3+: Rapidly innovate and iterate, expanding support for and integrations with new cloud services and native technologies to accelerate your cloud adoption strategy
If you’ve been keeping an eye on these Veeam cloud solutions over the past 18 months, you’ll have noticed we are releasing new versions faster than ever, which include more and more capabilities so you can confidently protect the latest and greatest from your cloud provider of choice.
What’s new in V11a?
Veeam Backup & Replication v11a isn’t just any old alphabetical release. It is undoubtedly one of the most significant cloud releases in Veeam’s history, delivering many new capabilities for the cloud platforms you’re using today. These capabilities enable organizations to accelerate cloud adoption, ensuring data is reliably secured, protected and managed from a single platform that provides unparalleled choice and simplicity. Let’s take a brief look at the major new additions (more blogs to come on these new capabilities soon):
New services. Natively protected: Expand native backup and recovery to Amazon EFS NEW file systems and Azure SQL Databases NEW. Policy-based automation eases management and eliminates scripts, while fast and flexible recoveries keep you operational 24/7.
Increased security and control: Safeguard encrypted backup data from ransomware and other cyberthreats. Integration with Amazon KMS NEW and Azure Key Vault NEW and RBAC increases security with streamlined control over who can access what.
Lowest cost archive storage for cloud-native backups: Achieve data-retention goals without blowing up your monthly bill. NEW support for Amazon S3 Glacier, S3 Glacier Deep Archive, Azure Blob Archive and Google Cloud Archive storage cuts costs by as much as 50X.
One Platform. Unlimited options: Centralize AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP NEW backup and recovery under a single, easy-to-use console. Directly restore ANY Veeam backup to AWS, Azure and GCP for unlimited cloud mobility.
Any cloud, your way
Not all data protection solutions provide reliable, comprehensive support for all private, public, hybrid- or multi-cloud platforms. Lack of support hinders your adoption of one or more public cloud platforms, results in multiple point products from differing vendors, or worse yet, keeps your data stranded on one cloud. Fragmented management and protection always increase cost and complexity.
Veeam provides unparalleled flexibility of choice when it comes to the consumption of solutions within our platform, tailoring protection to your needs today and in the future. This includes:
- As a standalone, modular component for dedicated protection of a public cloud, featuring native in-cloud backup and recovery (e.g., AWS to AWS).
- As Veeam Backup & Replication, a single console for cloud, virtual, physical, SaaS and Kubernetes protection. This also provides ultimate flexibility to backup, recover and migrate data across any platform with no charges
- Backup as a Service (BaaS) from one of 37,000+ expert Veeam Cloud and Service Providers (VCSP) globally, or self-managed
Modern Data Protection is for the cloud-critical, and Veeam is the clear choice and leader to protect your expanding cloud workloads.
To help get you started risk-free and fast with Veeam’s industry-leading cloud solutions, register here for 30 days FREE and $250 in the cloud credit of your choice. You’ll even get 12 months coverage for the price of nine months when you buy!