Veeam is announcing the release of Backup 2.0 today. Just a few months after the release of 1.0, 2.0 has a number of new features that are a direct result of customer feedback. Here's a list of what's new, check out the official Veeam Backup page that includes a flash demo of what's new...
- Five times faster – Veeam Backup 2.0 has a new optimized backup engine, which allows for up to five times faster backup and replication performance than the previous version.
- Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) support – Veeam Backup 2.0 leverages VSS to ensure consistent backup and recovery of VSS-aware applications, including Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server.
- ESXi support – Now customers can back up ESXi servers using VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB). File-level recovery is fully supported for guests running on ESXi, and full image restore is supported to ESX 3.x servers. These images can then be VMotioned to ESXi as needed.
- Enhanced reporting and notification – Comprehensive real-time job statistics are available, including automated e-mail notification of backup job status, activity and performance details.
- Backup portability – Veeam Backup users can now easily import backups made using previous versions of the software, or backups that have been archived to tape.
- Support for third-party tape backup systems – Now users can specify a script to automatically run when the VMware backup is finished, initiating tape backups to begin.
GD Star RatingVeeam Backup 2.0,