While running Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows (VAW), you receive a Services suddenly stopped working error in the VAW Control Panel.
VAW service is either not started or missing from the Windows Services console.
1. Reboot your computer and check if the error appears again.
2. If the error persists, go to Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services. Check if the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows* service exists. If it does not, try to re-install the application and check again. If it exists set to Automatic start. To change the startup type, please right click Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and select Properties. In the Startup Type drop down menu choose Automatic and hit Apply.
3. On the Log On tab, make sure that Log on as is set to Local System Account.
4. To restart the service manually, right click Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and choose Restart.
5. Set up antivirus exclusions as described in this article.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.