While running Veeam Endpoint Backup Free you receive a “Services suddenly stopped working” error in the Veeam Endpoint Backup Control Panel.
Veeam Endpoint Backup service is either not started or is missing from the Windows Services console. This could happen for various reasons.
1. Reboot your computer and check if the error appears again.
2. If the error persists, go to Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services. Check if the Veeam Endpoint Backup service is set to Automatic start. To change the startup type, please right click Veeam Endpoint Backup and select Properties. In the Startup Type drop down menu choose Automatic and hit Apply.
3. On the Log On tab, make sure that Log on as is set to Local System Account.
4. To restart the service manually, right click Veeam Endpoint Backup and choose Restart.
5. Set up antivirus exclusions as described in this article.
If the described methods do not resolve the issue, please open a support case by going to Veeam Endpoint Backup Control Panel > Support > Technical Support.