This KB article shows how to collect the diagnostic information that may be needed if you create a Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows support case.
Gather logs using the four sections below. Once logs have been gathered, upload them to the FTP provided by the Veeam Support engineer. After the upload is completed you must notify the Veeam Support engineer.
If you need to use a secure FTP, this article contains secure FTP instructions.
All steps below are to be done from within the OS of the machine that is having an issue.
1. Veeam Agent guest logs
Navigate to and ZIP the contents of this folder:
%Programdata%\veeam\endpoint (This folder is hidden by default, please copy, paste provided path and archive this folder)
2. VSS Diagnostics
Run the following commands from administrative command prompt, then zip the resulting files.
vssadmin list writers > C:\vss_writers.log vssadmin list providers > C:\vss_providers.log vssadmin list shadows > C:\vss_shadows.log vssadmin list shadowstorage > C:\vss_shadow_storage.log
Once submitted to Veeam Support, these log files can be deleted.
3. Event Logs
Export the logs in .evtx format, with Display Information.
Export the System and Application logs as follows:
- Open Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc).
- Locate the log to be exported in the left-hand column.
- Right-click the name of the log and select Save All Events As.
- Enter a file name that includes the log type and the server it was exported from.
For example, when exporting the Application event log from a server named HV01, enter Application_HV01.
- In Save as type, select Event Files.
- Include the display information.
- Be sure to include the LocaleMetaData folder when packaging the logs for upload.
4. File System Minifilter Diagnostics
Run the command below from an administrative command prompt.
fltmc instances > C:\filter.log
Once submitted to Veeam Support, this log can be deleted.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.