Reset Password via The Microsoft Azure portal
- Open the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Log in using your Microsoft Azure credentials.
- Select the virtual machine with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- In the Menu, select Reset password.
- Select Reset password, enter new credentials, and click the Save button.
Reset Password via SSH
- Login to the VM with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure installed via SSH.
- Check that you are authorized to call root commands via sudo:
- Execute: grep 'sudo' /etc/group.
- The output should contain the user in the comma-separated list of authorized users like: sudo:x:27:vbaadmin,user.
- If the user is not on the list, you must either use another user in the sudo group or reset the password via the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Change the password. Note that the sudo command may prompt you for the user password first, and only after that you will be asked to enter a new password for vbaadmin:
sudo passwd vbaadmin
When both REST API and SSH are not responding, you might be able to gain access to the VM with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure through the Azure Serial Console.
Note that a diagnostic storage account must be attached to the virtual machine.