Amazon Aurora Backup
Amazon Aurora instances and clusters can be protected using flexible policy-based scheduling and lightning-fast database recovery to an exact point-in-time in just seconds to the original location or a new location. Amazon RDS snapshots also benefit from snapshot replication across AWS accounts and regions and protect yourself against outages caused by failures and disasters that affect the availability of instances that are in the same location.
Enhanced Amazon EFS Backup
Extend AWS-native backup and recovery options for Amazon Elastic File Systems (Amazon EFS) and benefit from the NEW enhanced file-level indexing option for quick and easy recoveries from any restores point in a matter of seconds**.
Configuration backup & restore
Veeam Backup for AWS can now create a backup of the full configuration on a backup repository. This allows for easy recovery when it is required to redeploy the Veeam Backup appliance from scratch, quick migration procedures, or testing.
UI and UX
- NEW overview dashboard — The updated overview dashboard gives a modern insight into your backup infrastructure with an overview of sessions, policy details, protected workloads, and more!
- Full page wizards — Some wizards were updated to full-screen size to optimize the process of settings configuration.
Backup and recovery
- Workers redesign — It is now possible to specify specific hardware configurations per region for the backup and archive process, reducing costs and improving backup and restore operations.
- Health check for EC2 backups — A new health check feature has been added to the policy wizard for EC2 instances allowing you to perform additional health checks based on your needs.
- Support for multiple restores for RDS instances — It is now possible to restore multiple RDS instances simultaneously, decreasing the total recovery process.
- Support for multiple restores for EFS file shares — It is now possible to restore multiple EFS file shares at once, decreasing the total recovery process.
Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication
requires Veeam Backup & Replication v11a or later
- Visibility into new workloads — Amazon Aurora backups are now also visible in the backup console. This allows backup administrators to have a single data protection view across on-premises and public cloud infrastructures.
- Configuration backup & restore — Quickly create a configuration backup of the Veeam Backup for AWS appliance allowing for easy recovery when it is required to redeploy the Veeam Backup for AWS appliance from scratch, quick migration procedures, or testing.