Columbus, Ohio, July 27, 2010 – Veeam Software, innovative provider of data protection, disaster recovery and systems management solutions for VMware virtual datacenter environments, experienced exceptional growth in every area of its business during the second quarter of 2010 and exceeded quota metrics worldwide. Total bookings revenue grew 166 percent in Q2 of 2010 over the same period in 2009, and new license bookings revenue increased 145 percent over that same period. In addition, Veeam added roughly 2,330 new customers during Q2.
Other highlights of Veeam’s progress include:
- Customers: More than 750 new customers, on average, were added per month during Q2, bringing the quarterly total to approximately 2,330 new customers and the grand total to more than 12,000 customers worldwide.
- Awards: Veeam Software was selected as a finalist for the Microsoft Partner of the Year Award in the Core Infrastructure Solutions, Systems Management category. Specifically, Veeam was recognized for the Veeam nworks Management Pack™ (MP) for VMware, which enables unified monitoring and management of a heterogeneous virtual infrastructure, including VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Geographic expansion: During the quarter, Veeam opened new offices in Italy, Canada and the Nordic region. Veeam also added specialist sales personnel focused on working with partners in Latin America.
- New products:
- Veeam debuted the Veeam nworks PRO Pack for VMware™ at the Microsoft Management Summit 2010 in April. The new PRO Pack provides enterprises using Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager with automated problem resolution for their VMware environments. With out-of-the-box intelligence from Veeam integrated directly into Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and Virtual Machine Manager, enterprises can improve productivity, maintain service levels and minimize training and support costs—all while leveraging and protecting the investment they have made in Microsoft System Center.
- Veeam Reporter™ 4.0, formerly known as Veeam Reporter Enterprise, was released in May. With one solution, users can discover and document the virtual environment, manage change and perform capacity planning.
- In June, version 5.5 of the Veeam nworks Management Pack™ (MP) for VMware was released. In addition to several enhancements that are particularly beneficial to enterprises with mission-critical VMware deployments, version 5.5 features the new PRO Pack. The nworks MP and PRO Pack extend VMware management in Microsoft System Center.
- Also In June, Veeam announced and demonstrated Veeam nworks Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) for VMware 5.5 at HP Software Universe. It provides distributed monitoring and management of the VMware infrastructure fully integrated into HP Operations Manager. The new version also provides enhanced scalability and performance; improved high availability and load balancing; and includes a new deployment toolkit that includes an online calculator for pre-deployment planning, as well as a built-in wizard for ongoing analysis.
“Our relationships with VMware, Microsoft and HP have helped establish Veeam as the technology and innovation leader in our market sector,” explained Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “Worldwide, our run-rate business continues to grow, and large enterprises are increasingly turning to Veeam for the virtualization management and data protection solutions they need. Our innovation and dedication to our channel partners is showing strong results in every region worldwide.”
About Veeam Software
Veeam Software, a premier-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner and member of the VMware Ready Management program, provides innovative software for managing VMware vSphere 4 and VMware Infrastructure 3. Veeam offers an award-winning suite of tools to assist the VMware administrator, including #1 for VMware backup: Veeam Backup & Replication; Veeam Reporter, for VMware documentation, change management, and capacity planning; Veeam Monitor, for VMware performance monitoring and alertingacross multiple vCenters; and Veeam Business View, a free add-on that works with other Veeam products to provide business categorization for the VMware vSphere environment. With its acquisition of nworks, Veeam’s products include the nworks Management Pack and the nworks Smart Plug-in, which incorporate VMware data into enterprise management consoles from Microsoft and HP. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Social Media Links
Davies Murphy Group
+1 541 207 3461
+1 614 339 8200