Veeam works with HPE, NetApp, Dell EMC and NimbleNEW storage products to enable granular recovery from storage snapshots.
Here’s how it works:
- The storage is instructed to create a writeable copy of the required volume snapshot.
- This copy is mounted as the new datastore to the selected vSphere host.
- The restored VM is temporarily registered on the host, so that Instant VM Recovery® of the entire VM can be immediately performed.
- For granular restores, the backup server further mounts the temporary VM’s virtual disk through VMware VADP, and the user can start restoring guest OS files and application items.
- After recovery is complete, the datastore is unmounted from the proxy host and a copy of volume snapshot is deleted.
Get your new ransomware preparedness and recovery bundle!
Step on the learning curve of ransomware preparedness and recovery with the Conversational Ransomware Defense and Survival e-book and bonus webinar!Learn more
Veeam Explorer for Storage SnapshotsNo feature limitations for 30 days!
For Dell EMC:
- Dell EMC VNX
- Dell EMC VNX2
- Dell EMC VNXe
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ
- HPE StoreVirtual
- HPE StoreVirtual VSA
For NetApp, all Data ONTAP based storage, including:
- NetApp FAS
- NetApp FlexArray (V-Series)
- NetApp Data ONTAP Edge
- IBM N-Series
- AF Arrays