Veeam works with HPE, NetApp, Dell EMC and NimbleNEW storage products to enable granular recovery from storage snapshots.
Here’s how it works:
- The storage is instructed to create a writeable copy of the required volume snapshot.
- This copy is mounted as the new datastore to the selected vSphere host.
- The restored VM is temporarily registered on the host, so that Instant VM Recovery® of the entire VM can be immediately performed.
- For granular restores, the backup server further mounts the temporary VM’s virtual disk through VMware VADP, and the user can start restoring guest OS files and application items.
- After recovery is complete, the datastore is unmounted from the proxy host and a copy of volume snapshot is deleted.
Veeam – the industry’s most trusted Availability provider
The results of the latest independent satisfaction survey help in understanding the importance of ensuring data Availability and why 242,000+ organizations chose Veeam as a trusted provider.Learn more
Veeam Explorer for Storage SnapshotsNo feature limitations for 30 days!
For Dell EMC:
- Dell EMC VNX
- Dell EMC VNX2
- Dell EMC VNXe
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ
- HPE StoreVirtual
- HPE StoreVirtual VSA
For NetApp, all Data ONTAP based storage, including:
- NetApp FAS
- NetApp FlexArray (V-Series)
- NetApp Data ONTAP Edge
- IBM N-Series
- AF Arrays