If you are a Cloud Provider gathering logs from your infrastructure please see: https://www.veeam.com/kb2096
This article covers how to properly compile your logs in Veeam Backup & Replication v8.x and v9.x, as well as what to include when submitting a Support case for technical assistance.
The following animation demonstrates how to compile logs in Veeam Backup & Replication.
- To compile your logs via the log compilation wizard, click the blue Menu button in the top left-hand corner of the gui and go to Help -> Support Information in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- This wizard will allow you various methods to compile logging. For Backup, Replication, and other jobs, select “export logs for this job.” If multiple jobs are affected, you can multiple-select. For problems with restore or replica failover, you should select “Export logs for this VM” and choose the production VM that was backed up or replicated. For issues with the GUI or problems that don’t fall into any of the above categories, select “Export all logs for selected components” and choose “This server.”
- If possible, compile the logging for each job with issues for at least the last week.
- You may save these logs to any location. Ensure that the location referenced has free space for compilation. Using the "Prepare logs package for technical support" checkbox will result in this wizard producing a .zip archive.
- When selecting "Next", the wizard will notify of its progress in the compilation process. Please attach these to your case, or in the event that the total attachment size is under 3.5MB, you may attach via email reply. If none of these options for upload are working, please notify Veeam Support and an engineer will provide FTP credentials for the case.
Below is an animation demonstrating how to upload logs to the Veeam Support FTP.
Note: Please use the FTP account provided to you by the engineer for your case. When submitting logging data for analysis by request of an engineer, ensure that the case is replied to when the log submission has completed. In this reply, please include the names of any tasks and associated VMs with issues.
Note: SFTP is now supported when uploading to supportftp2, please place files in the \upload\ folder.
Below are the relative log path lists for Veeam Backup & Replication. If there are difficulties compiling the logging requested via the wizard-based instructions above, please obtain the files from the appropriate directory below and provide Veeam Support a .zip file copy.
Windows 2003, XP – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Veeam\Backup\
Windows Vista, 7 - C:\Users\All Users\Veeam\Backup\
Windows 2008/2008 R2/2012 - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\
Linux - /var/log/VeeamBackup/
Typical log files requested for a manual log compilation will be:
The task's folder located in the parent directory, zipped. This will contain all relevant job/task/agent data.
- All logs from the parent directory named svc.*.log, util.*.log, as well as the VeeamBackupManager.log and VeeamShell.log