If you are a Cloud Provider gathering logs from your infrastructure please see: https://www.veeam.com/kb2096
This article covers how to properly compile your logs in Veeam Backup & Replication v8.x and newer, as well as what to include when submitting a Support case for technical assistance.
The following animation demonstrates how to compile logs in Veeam Backup & Replication.
- To compile your logs via the log compilation wizard, click the Menu button in the top left-hand corner of the gui and go to Help -> Support Information in the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
- This wizard will allow you various methods to compile logging. For Backup, Replication, and other jobs, select “Export logs for this job.” If multiple jobs are affected, you can multiple-select. For problems with restore or replica failover, you should select “Export logs for these objects” and choose the production VM that was backed up or replicated. For issues with the GUI or problems that don’t fall into any of the above categories, select “Export all logs for selected components” and choose “This server.”
- If possible, compile the logging for each job with issues for at least the last week.
- You may save these logs to any location. Ensure that the location referenced has free space for compilation.
- When selecting "Next", the wizard will notify of its progress in the compilation process.
- Please attach these to your case via the customer portal by clicking "Add logs" at https://my.veeam.com/#/my-cases
If you would prefer to upload the logs via SFTP please notify Veeam Support and an engineer will provide SFTP credentials for the case.
To upload logs via SFTP please review this article: https://www.veeam.com/kb1661
Below are the relative log path lists for Veeam Backup & Replication. If there are difficulties compiling the logging requested via the wizard-based instructions above, please obtain the files from the appropriate directory below and provide Veeam Support a .zip file copy.
- Windows 2003, XP – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Veeam\Backup\
- Windows Vista, 7 - C:\Users\All Users\Veeam\Backup\
- Windows 2008/2008 R2/2012 - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\
- Linux - /var/log/VeeamBackup/
Typical log files requested for a manual log compilation will be:
The task's folder located in the parent directory, zipped. This will contain all relevant job/task/agent data.
- All logs from the parent directory named svc.*.log, util.*.log, as well as the VeeamBackupManager.log and VeeamShell.log
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.